Reporting to the Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineering the incumbent is responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes incorporating technical, regulatory, and customer requirements. Other responsibilities include supporting internal customers, playing a technical role in quality and continuous improvement activities, and contributing to and improving departmental policies and procedures.
- Read, understand, and determine manufacturing requirements from technical documentation.
- Design and develop manufacturing process instructions and documentation based on technical requirements.
- Launch new product integration as per company procedures.
- Provide technical manufacturing support to Production.
- Ensure the accuracy of all manufacturing data supplied to Production.
- Communicating technical requirements to internal customers and colleagues.
- Perform technical risk analyses and risk mitigation activities.
- Understand and practice configuration control activities as per company procedures.
- Participate in quality investigations in a technical role.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities in a technical role.
- Create and maintain part definitions and manufacturing instructions in the ERP system.
- Understand and follow MBD best practices.
- Understand and interpret GD&T.
- Understand and support variation control practices as per company procedures.
- Understand internal NDT operations.
- Understand internal chemical processing operations.
- Proficient in 3D modeling software (CATIA, NX, et cetera).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Assist with the development of fixtures, special tools, jigs, et cetera.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of manufacturing/tooling techniques.
- Provide technical assistance to subcontractors and vendors, when required.
- Provide technical quote assistance, when required.
- Contribute to the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Report status of projects and tasks to Project Managers and Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineering.
- Track and record time entries for SRED activities.
- Actively participate and contribute in sectional, departmental, and project meetings.
- Reports to the Engineering Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineering.
- Authors reports and gives presentations on topics/issues as required or requested.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources
Cormer Group Industries Inc.
1445 Church Ave
Winnipeg, MB R2X 2X9
Office: (204) 987 6400
Fax: (204) 988-3808