The Non-destructive Testing (NDT), Liquid Penetrate Inspection, (LPI) Level 2 will perform calibrations, NDT, and evaluations for acceptance or rejections according to written instructions and requirements. NDT Level 2 inspectors are thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method of NDT being used and should exercise assigned responsibility, organize and report results.
- Perform NDT inspection duties in support of customer parts.
- Record, organize and evaluate test results and generate NDT reports.
- Maintain equipment and assure calibration for tests to be performed.
- Ensures the functional and acceptable status of the non-destructive test equipment in accordance with the appropriate company process.
- Determines the acceptance of parts and components for surface condition in preparation for the non-destructive test process.
- Processes the part(s) in accordance with the appropriate company process. Inspects and interprets the test results.
- Documents the completion and test results of non- destructive test process.
- Ensures parts are cleaned following completion of NDT process and in acceptable condition for further processing.
- Maintains records of all maintenance performed on the non-destructive test equipment and materials.
- Liaisons with other personnel as required to assist in researching and solving non-destructive test process issues.
- Maintains personal qualifications as stated in the appropriate company process.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret technical information and specifications as applicable and complete as required.
- Read and understand material specifications and be knowledgeable of sampling requirements per quality procedures.
- Segregate defective material awaiting review and disposition.
- Ensure inspection equipment is functional and calibrated.
- Maintains part integrity throughout entire process.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department team lead.
- Other duties as assigned which may include training, project assignments or other activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Other
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Understand, read and write English
- 20/20 Corrected Vision
- Experience as level 2 LPI ( Liquid penetrate Inspection)
- Must have minimum CGSB levels 2 accreditation but preference will be given to candidates with NAS410 accreditation
- 2-5 year’s Aerospace Experience Preferred
- Knowledgeable in the requirements and methods of handling materials
- Knowledgeable in the Workplace Health & Safety requirements
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada immediately
- Must have a clear criminal background check
- Must be able to obtain Controlled Goods approval
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources
Cormer Group Industries Inc.
1445 Church Ave
Winnipeg, MB R2X 2X9
Office: (204) 987 6400
Fax: (204) 988-3808