Reporting to Quality Control Technical Support Supervisor. Performs routine and standardized chemical , physical, mechanical testing and other laboratory tests following well defined written instructions and procedures for purposes such as quality control, process control , product development or determining conformity to specifications. In addition, prepares samples solutions and test panels preliminary required for testing of specimens and samples. Assists engineering in new process development.
- Performs standardized chemical physical or mechanical tests in evaluation the parameters of baths involved in chemical processing
- Analyzed the results and issues corrective action ( as required) in maintaining the solutions required parameters
- Tests samples of manufactured products to verify conformity to corrosion resistance , coating mass and paint adhesion
- Charge chemicals with the assistance of Anodizing/Special Process Operator
- Maintains Lab Quality Management Systems Documents and Processes , as required
- Produces needed equipment
- Install,operate, maintain and calibrate various laboratory equipment , as required
- Recognizes and , where applicable , corrects malfunctions of simple instruments and analytical procedures
- Collects specimens or samples form appropriate sources (tanks) for analysis
- Records which tests must be performed on specific samples
- Prepares specimens and samples for analysis(identifies, labels and weighs samples)
- Prepares laboratory reagents,solutions
- Handles samples and materials with proper techniques
- Cleans all tools and instruments
- Maintains the laboratory in a neat and orderly fashion and free of recognizable hazards
- Keeps computer and handwritten database information
- Clerically logs samples including date, log number, time
- Records test data and test results
- Maintains records and prepares reports of test results
- Calibration records , as required
- Issues Quarantine Notifications where required
- Review customer specification (e.g. applicable Customer standards, Military specifications ,etc.) to ensure compliance, and revise internal work instructions accordingly
- Interprets and implements quality assurance standards , using quality tools such as trend analysis, Pareto analysis, etc
- Provides training, as required
- Helps in resolving issues, as required
- Monitors applicable inventory levels and their shelf life
- Orders materials and supplies as the stock becomes low
- Supports the waste Water Treatment and Disposal systems , as required
- Supports the development of Safe Work Practices
- Supports New Projects Integration, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Hold a diploma or degree in Chemistry , Chemical Engineering or have C.E.T designation experience and training.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of chemical analysis and process analysis.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Laboratory Technician.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and Project , and with databases.
- Able to effectively communicate , maintain organized project records or files and to establish priorities and work independently.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources
Cormer Group Industries Inc.
1445 Church Ave
Winnipeg, MB R2X 2X9
Office: (204) 987 6400
Fax: (204) 988-3808