The IT System Administrator is responsible for management and maintenance of all IT related systems of the company and for providing assistance to the end-users of all IT systems in the manufacturing area. This position will report to the Sr.Manager Operations.
- Manage system accounts and user access (computer, telephone, printers, etc)
- Manage system resources ( servers, network equipment, virtual machines, printers)
- Provide assistance to users with technical issues and manage help desk system
- PC troubleshooting and monitoring, software installation and upgrades
- Manage and optimize network functionality
- Manage network security devices ( firewall, VPN remote access, anti-virus system, wireless access points)
- Manage communications systems[ mail(Exchange), telephone (shore tel)]
- Monitor and manage Internet usage
- Maintain and monitor data protection system and DR system
- Manage web sites and intranet sites
- Manage systems related to manufacturing technology such as CMM and CNC controllers
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Researching and preparing purchase requisitions for new software and hardware
- Deployment of web-based applications via Apache web server
- ERP system maintenance and administration
- PC assemble and repair
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self motivated , detail -oriented and organized.
- Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) , interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral , diagram , or schedule form.
- Certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Needs to be experienced with Microsoft Server, Active directory and DNS , Exchange Server, Sonic wall firewalls and SSL_VPN, Kaspersky Anti-virus, Shoretel VOIP system,virtualization environments (VMware, Virtual Box), Cisco switches, Spiceworks system, catia and Siemens NX workstation applications, moblie devices (iphone, ipad, android) and integration with Exchange ( ActiveSync), Windows deployment Services, Internet printing Protocol, Various linux distributions (especially Redhat/Fedora, ubuntu, Backtrack).
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources
Cormer Group Industries Inc.
1445 Church Ave
Winnipeg, MB R2X 2X9
Office: (204) 987 6400
Fax: (204) 988-3808