Responsible for providing the required surface finish to machined parts according to the daily production schedule while observing all related process instructions, safety, quality and administrative procedures.
- Observe all safe work procedures (SWP) and the use of personnel protection equipment (PPE).
- Observe all quality procedures and document requirements.
- Keep the equipment, tools and measuring instruments safe, calibrated and in excellent work condition.
- Keep materials and parts under control, properly identified, classified or segregated at all times.
- Complete all the documents and records on time.
- Maintain the daily schedule progress visible to all staff, with clear status.
- Keep all work areas and public areas (lunch room, change room, washrooms) clean and well organized.
- Ensure that communications are clear, accurate and regularly transmitted to all staff.
- Ensure that inquiries, questions, requests are responded clearly, quickly and accurately.
- Participate and promote participation in projects and improvement ideas.
Knowledge: Experience or trade courses in manufacturing, metal finishing and production; understanding of technical drawings, measurements and tolerances; basics of the machining process, inventory control and quality control.
Skills: Good organization and planning; strong verbal and written communications, excellent in manual use of hand tools, understanding and use of PC and basic software use.
Competencies: Leadership and dynamism, goal achievement and team work; respectful attitude.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources
Cormer Group Industries Inc.
1445 Church Ave
Winnipeg, MB R2X 2X9
Office: (204) 987 6400
Fax: (204) 988-3808