If you currently Program 2 axis Lathes or 3 axis mills and would like to gain the knowledge and training to Program Large, 4 and 5 axis Machines for Aerospace, we have an opportunity for you.
We will provide for your future career with training and knowledge to utilize the most powerful High End computer base programming systems to drive some of the Worlds most sophisticated machine tools. We can help take you into a new world of very advanced manufacturing to solidify your skills for advancement and a solid career path for your future with the skills and attributes to allow you to excel.
CNC Programmer is responsible for the development of applications using CAD-CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for CNC machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
- Analyze simple to complex customer blueprints to determine what process needs to be performed to produce a quality part.
- Determine the tools and steps required to produce the part to customer specifications.
- Develop programs using CAD-CAM for CNC Machines (such as lathes, horizontal and vertical mills) to machine metals to precise dimension.
- Ensure programs have been properly designed by performing a test or trail run using CAM verification software or actual CNC machine.
- Analyze data from trial runs to ensure that the machine will function properly to prevent a “crash”.
- Ensure final program is correct to produce a quality part to customer specifications.
- Understand how various machine tools operate, cutting tool theory and practice.
- Knowledge of the working properties of various types of metals used in processes.
- Observe the machining operations and test programs.
- Knowledge of how various machine tools operate, cutting tool theory and practice, working properties of various metals used in the manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of Unigraphics, Catia and/or other such programs is preferable.
- Proficient in the use of Solid Edge, Uni-graphics CAD/CAM, and Vericut. Also proficient in the use of MS Office products (Word, and Excel).
- Minimum of five years of machining experience and a minimum of 2-3 years experience with CAD/CAM systems.
- CNC programming of lathes and 2-5 axis vertical and horizontal mills Completed courses in CAD/CAM and CNC programming from an accredited institution up to a Technologist level and will have completed courses in machining of conventional and CNC machines (lathes and mills) up to a Technician level.
- Task orientated job with a moderate stress level as it requires deadlines to be met to support production.
- Ability to communicate in English (reading, writing, speaking).
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team and independent work environment.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources
Cormer Group Industries Inc.
1445 Church Ave
Winnipeg, MB R2X 2X9
Office: (204) 987 6400
Fax: (204) 988-3808