Responsible for production execution to ensure the schedule is accomplished every day observing all instructions for safety, quality, record control, machine verification checkup and administrative documentation.
- Observe all the machine, equipment and tool instructions for proper use.
- Observe all safety instructions or procedures and use of personnel protection equipment ( PPE).
- Observe all quality instructions or procedures and the required measuring instruments.
- Complete all the documents, records and controls at all times.
- Keep production progress daily, with completion dates clearly marked visible to other production personnel.
- Keep machine, tools, fixtures and measuring instruments safe, calibrated and in excellent condition.
- Keep materials and parts under control, properly identified, classified or segregated at all times.
- Keep all work areas and public areas (lunchroom, change room, washrooms) clean and well organized.
- Ensure all verbal and written communications are clear, quick and accurate to all staff.
- Ensure all inquires, questions, requests are responded clearly, quickly and accurately.
- Participate and promote participation in projects and improvement ideas.
Knowledge: School courses credited in NC machining for lathes, mills or turn mills and/or 5 year minimum work experience on 4-5 axis machining; cutting tools and use/wear condition; speeds and feeds; machine set-up basics; position and off-set pages in NC programs; machine verification and maintenance checkup.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications, reading drawing dimensions and technical information,
use of tools, hand tools and measuring instruments; understanding team work, problem prevention and
problem solving. Also to operate a multi pallet system machine center.
Competencies: Highly motivated and driven towards goal achievement; respectful and discretionary attitude to personnel and personnel information; disciplined and organized; willing to share knowledge and learn from others.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources
Cormer Group Industries Inc.
1445 Church Ave
Winnipeg, MB R2X 2X9
Office: (204) 987 6400
Fax: (204) 988-3808