Reporting directly to the Quality Control Manager, the incumbent is responsible to operate Coordinate Measuring Machine equipment, running existing programs. The incumbent shall write and validate new CMM programs according to customer specifications and requirements. As well, they will perform and document dimensional layouts using CMM, Quick-scope, and other precisions tools. Reports shall be submitted to other departments and management as required. Calibration standards for instruments and equipment shall be verified and maintained. Interpret blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerance requirements. The incumbent will focus on resolving issues and applies feedback to a continuous improvement environment. A high level of skill and knowledge shall be maintained of the different inspection methods that the Company utilizes. Standard procedures will be followed to inspect parts produced, prior to assembly (Receiving Inspection), during line production (In Process Inspection), and after the product is produced (Final Inspection).
- Create, revise and maintain DCC-CMM programs using PC-DMIS 11.0 or higher and/or Calypso.
- Create CMM setup instructions.
- Proficiency in surface plate tools and techniques.
- Use of common gages and measurement instruments for inspection purposes.
- Verify product conformance through extensive use of DCC-CMM, advanced inspection tools, gages and visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Interpret and work from detailed engineering drawings, 3D models, external – internal specifications and requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of GD&T (geometric dimensioning & tolerance) and the application of AMSE Y14.5M.
- Generate/update inspection plan (ballooned print / drawing).
- Prepare detailed inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications.
- Ensure FAIs (AS9100 Rev C) are maintained for all parts, and complete FAI reports as required.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of CMM machines and other inspection tools and gages.
- Analyze inspection reports to determine adherence to drawings, specifications, processing procedures to insure quality of manufacture.
- Apply knowledge of geometry, trigonometry and dimensional metrology
- Disposition non-conforming material by utilizing quality tools, manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Write, update and improve quality procedures as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of the calibration system and its gages and tools.
- Train Quality and Production Associates as needed to run CMM programs.
- Maintain work areas ensuring strict adherence to 5S standards.
- Comply with established QMS procedures.
- Comply with established Safety Directives
- Participate in design reviews with cross functional teams to ensure that conformance to specifications, inspectability, reliability, safety and quality system objectives are met.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of machine shop program at RRC or equivalent.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years mechanical inspection experience in a manufacturing environment, including automatic inspection equipment programming.
- ASQ certification (preferred)
- Ability to be project-oriented and work on a number of projects at any given time. Work will be performed with minimal supervision.
- Experience with PC-DMIS cad++ V11. 0 or higher with scanning and offline programming preferred.
- Experience with Mitutoyo Cosmos Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and Excel software).
- Proficiency is statistical software, Minitab, SPS or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO9001 / AS9100 requirements.
- Ability to understand.
- GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Blue Print Reading.
- CAD (Computer Aided Design).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Foster and encourage a high level of cooperation and commitment.
- Demonstrate the attributes of a natural problem solver.
- Commitment and willingness to learn.
- Adaptive to a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated sound mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Demonstrated ability to use effectively use Microsoft office suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Read blue prints to determine dimensions and tolerance specifications per GD&T.
- Understand and uses measurement tools and equipment.
- Compare and record measurements to blueprint dimensions and tolerances and notifies specified persons of discrepancies.
- Perform in-depth part layout using direct drive CMM and bench layout.
- Develop and implement computer programs using PC DMIS software.
- Provide effective verbal and written communication regarding results.
- Perform capability studies.
- Perform gage certification (dimensional).
- Schedule and track work to support production needs.
- Perform Gage R&R (repeatability and reproducibility).
- Maintain and verify check fixtures.
- Maintain calibration systems.
- Assist with PPAP submissions.
- Support the implementation of company Safety policies and procedures.
- Support the implementation of company Quality policies and procedures.
- Support the development and implementation of lean manufacturing principles and 5S initiatives.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources
Cormer Group Industries Inc.
1445 Church Ave
Winnipeg, MB R2X 2X9
Office: (204) 987 6400
Fax: (204) 988-3808