Position Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Division: Quality Assurance
Reporting to the senior quality supervisor and manager, the incumbent is responsible and accountable for all facets of the Quality department. The Technician will be responsible for, and not limited to, the overall daily functioning of the department and will, when necessary, participate and work for each department to ensure the business continuity.
Quality Assurance Technician
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards
- Inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality using Epicor ERP system.
- Review departmental and leadership goals and objectives
- Monitor staff performance, including the completion of performance reviews
- Allocate available resources
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Audit Cormer suppliers
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Responsible for document management systems
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Participate in Material Review Board meetings in regards to product and or materials on hold.
- Monitor and assist staff with work progress
- Evaluate current business processes and systems
- Assist in the planning and implementation of procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency
- Establish and maintain applicable controls
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures
- Facilitate the preparation and analysis of reports
- Regularly review performance data to ensure effective planning and continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Other
- 5+ years’ experience in all facets of manufacturing.
- 2 years of experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Broad knowledge of Quality systems, practices, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Strong familiarity with Continuous Improvement principles and systems
- Strong manufacturing understanding obtained through on the job experience and/or formal education including but not limited to quality assurance, engineering, special processes, etc.
- Familiar with ITAR and other security-related control regulations.
- strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- judgment / decision-making
- information management
- planning and organizing
- problem analysis and problem solving
- delegating tasks and responsibility
- motivating staff
- communication skills – verbal and written
This position deals with time sensitive issues and the incumbent must be able to prioritize, organize, and time manage the requirements of the job.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources
Cormer Group Industries Inc.
1445 Church Ave
Winnipeg, MB R2X 2X9
Fax: (204) 988-3808
Email: email@example.com (MS Word or PDF format)
All successful candidates must successfully complete security clearance process prior to start date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters or phone calls, please.