We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
CNC Programmer is responsible for the development of applications using CAD-CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for CNC machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
- Analyze simple to complex customer blueprints to determine what process needs to be performed to produce a quality part.
- Determine the tools and steps required to produce the part to customer specifications.
- Develop programs using CAD-CAM for CNC Machines (such as lathes, horizontal and vertical mills) to machine metals to precise dimension.
- Ensure programs have been properly designed by performing a test or trail run using CAM verification software or actual CNC machine.
- Analyze data from trial runs to ensure that the machine will function properly to prevent a “crash”.
- Ensure final program is correct to produce a quality part to customer specifications.
- Understand how various machine tools operate, cutting tool theory and practice.
- Knowledge of the working properties of various types of metals used in processes.
- Observe the machining operations and test programs.
- Knowledge of how various machine tools operate, cutting tool theory and practice, working properties of various metals used in the manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of Unigraphics, Catia and/or other such programs is preferable.
- Proficient in the use of Solid Edge, Uni-graphics CAD/CAM, and Vericut. Also proficient in the use of MS Office products (Word, and Excel).
- Minimum of five years of machining experience and a minimum of 2-3 years experience with CAD/CAM systems.
- CNC programming of lathes and 2-5 axis vertical and horizontal mills Completed courses in CAD/CAM and CNC programming from an accredited institution up to a Technologist level and will have completed courses in machining of conventional and CNC machines (lathes and mills) up to a Technician level.
- Task orientated job with a moderate stress level as it requires deadlines to be met to support production.
- Ability to communicate in English (reading, writing, speaking).
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team and independent work environment.
Reporting directly to the Quality Control Manager, the incumbent is responsible to operate Coordinate Measuring Machine equipment, running existing programs. The incumbent shall write and validate new CMM programs according to customer specifications and requirements. As well, they will perform and document dimensional layouts using CMM, Quick-scope, and other precisions tools. Reports shall be submitted to other departments and management as required. Calibration standards for instruments and equipment shall be verified and maintained. Interpret blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerance requirements. The incumbent will focus on resolving issues and applies feedback to a continuous improvement environment. A high level of skill and knowledge shall be maintained of the different inspection methods that the Company utilizes. Standard procedures will be followed to inspect parts produced, prior to assembly (Receiving Inspection), during line production (In Process Inspection), and after the product is produced (Final Inspection).
- Create, revise and maintain DCC-CMM programs using PC-DMIS 11.0 or higher and/or Calypso.
- Create CMM setup instructions.
- Proficiency in surface plate tools and techniques.
- Use of common gages and measurement instruments for inspection purposes.
- Verify product conformance through extensive use of DCC-CMM, advanced inspection tools, gages and visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Interpret and work from detailed engineering drawings, 3D models, external – internal specifications and requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of GD&T (geometric dimensioning & tolerance) and the application of AMSE Y14.5M.
- Generate/update inspection plan (ballooned print / drawing).
- Prepare detailed inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications.
- Ensure FAIs (AS9100 Rev C) are maintained for all parts, and complete FAI reports as required.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of CMM machines and other inspection tools and gages.
- Analyze inspection reports to determine adherence to drawings, specifications, processing procedures to insure quality of manufacture.
- Apply knowledge of geometry, trigonometry and dimensional metrology
- Disposition non-conforming material by utilizing quality tools, manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Write, update and improve quality procedures as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of the calibration system and its gages and tools.
- Train Quality and Production Associates as needed to run CMM programs.
- Maintain work areas ensuring strict adherence to 5S standards.
- Comply with established QMS procedures.
- Comply with established Safety Directives
- Participate in design reviews with cross functional teams to ensure that conformance to specifications, inspectability, reliability, safety and quality system objectives are met.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of machine shop program at RRC or equivalent.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years mechanical inspection experience in a manufacturing environment, including automatic inspection equipment programming.
- ASQ certification (preferred)
- Ability to be project-oriented and work on a number of projects at any given time. Work will be performed with minimal supervision.
- Experience with PC-DMIS cad++ V11. 0 or higher with scanning and offline programming preferred.
- Experience with Mitutoyo Cosmos Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and Excel software).
- Proficiency is statistical software, Minitab, SPS or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO9001 / AS9100 requirements.
- Ability to understand.
- GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Blue Print Reading.
- CAD (Computer Aided Design).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Foster and encourage a high level of cooperation and commitment.
- Demonstrate the attributes of a natural problem solver.
- Commitment and willingness to learn.
- Adaptive to a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated sound mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Demonstrated ability to use effectively use Microsoft office suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Read blue prints to determine dimensions and tolerance specifications per GD&T.
- Understand and uses measurement tools and equipment.
- Compare and record measurements to blueprint dimensions and tolerances and notifies specified persons of discrepancies.
- Perform in-depth part layout using direct drive CMM and bench layout.
- Develop and implement computer programs using PC DMIS software.
- Provide effective verbal and written communication regarding results.
- Perform capability studies.
- Perform gage certification (dimensional).
- Schedule and track work to support production needs.
- Perform Gage R&R (repeatability and reproducibility).
- Maintain and verify check fixtures.
- Maintain calibration systems.
- Assist with PPAP submissions.
- Support the implementation of company Safety policies and procedures.
- Support the implementation of company Quality policies and procedures.
- Support the development and implementation of lean manufacturing principles and 5S initiatives.
Responsible for painting machined parts with the required quality procedures and specifications, to follow all the process records and controls, to control supplies and materials, to deliver product on time per schedule.
- Observe and enforce the safety instructions and policies at all times.
- Follow all the required process instructions in the preparation and application of paint related materials.
- Maintain updated the required records, logs, process data and control verification sheets.
- Maintain accurate inventory on hand for all kind of process materials.
- Perform quality inspections on every job to ensure it meets the requirements.
- Maintain the paint booth and all equipment clean, organized and in optimum conditions.
- Plan work in advance to prevent potential conflicts, shortages or overload.
- Participate in activities such as 5S, Lean manufacturing, Quality Improvement, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 year experience in all facets of paint process, controls, equipment and technical documentation
- Understanding of Inventory and control of materials.
- Safety requirements for materials, process and equipment.
- Quality Control system, methods and documents.
- Technical drawings and geometry.
- Metric and imperial measurement systems; calculations and conversions.
- Computer skills (basic Microsoft Office).
- Verbal and written communications
- Planning and prioritization of workload.
- Handling and use of tools, parts and measuring instruments.
- Self -motivated, organized and housekeeper.
- Work independently with reliable results.
- Excellent work attendance and punctuality.
- Positive attitude, participation in changes for continuous improvement.
- Leadership to motivate personnel to teamwork.
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR LEVEL 2
Responsible for production execution to ensure the schedule is accomplished every day observing all instructions for safety, quality, record control, machine verification checkup and administrative documentation.
- Observe all the machine, equipment and tool instructions for proper use.
- Observe all safety instructions or procedures and use of personnel protection equipment ( PPE).
- Observe all quality instructions or procedures and the required measuring instruments.
- Complete all the documents, records and controls at all times.
- Keep production progress daily, with completion dates clearly marked visible to other production personnel.
- Keep machine, tools, fixtures and measuring instruments safe, calibrated and in excellent condition.
- Keep materials and parts under control, properly identified, classified or segregated at all times.
- Keep all work areas and public areas (lunchroom, change room, washrooms) clean and well organized.
- Ensure all verbal and written communications are clear, quick and accurate to all staff.
- Ensure all inquires, questions, requests are responded clearly, quickly and accurately.
- Participate and promote participation in projects and improvement ideas.
Knowledge: School courses credited in NC machining for lathes, mills or turn mills and/or 5 year minimum work experience on 4-5 axis machining; cutting tools and use/wear condition; speeds and feeds; machine set-up basics; position and off-set pages in NC programs; machine verification and maintenance checkup.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications, reading drawing dimensions and technical information,
use of tools, hand tools and measuring instruments; understanding team work, problem prevention and
problem solving. Also to operate a multi pallet system machine center.
Competencies: Highly motivated and driven towards goal achievement; respectful and discretionary attitude to personnel and personnel information; disciplined and organized; willing to share knowledge and learn from others.
Cormer offers a competitive salary and benefits and incentive plan. Qualified and interested candidates should submit their resume in confidence to:
Manager, Human Resources
Cormer Group Industries